Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Names...

Shmuel, Samuel, He who hears from God....

That's what we picked for you my son, it's a deep name. Samuel changed the course of a kingdom, set up kings and replaced them. He never stood in fear of man, no matter what their position. Considering he heard from the Lord at a young age, he knew who was more important to obey. He was a radical in the truest sense of the word, not by being rebelious but by listening to the One who made the Universe. I highly doubt if you listen to Him you'll be worse off in the long run.

Ephraim, one of the twelve tribes of Judah, it means will be fruitful. He who hears from God will be fruitful. That's a good name. Thats a prophetic name, its a strong name. Though you may not feel strong all the time remember, the Lord hardly ever called someone by a name they were living into at the time. Like Gideon, greeted with " Mighty Warrior" though he was never a fighter and of the smallest clan and the smallest tribe. But look at what he did.

I feel like your going to grow up in vastly different times from your mother and I, there is a surge on the way, I can feel it, sense it, of a backlash against the Church. A scream to drowned out Heavens music. Noise noise noise, but, you will be fruitful if you learn how to listen, to hear the One true Voice. It's really there, I've heard it before, so will you and you'll know.  I pray you are strong and fearless, not out of ignorance but out of knowledge. I pray you read, you learn, you question but most importantly you listen. It's the only tool that matters, two ears, one mouth. I pray you never settle for less, that you embrace the challenge to be what you were made to be.  I feel like you'll be hard pressed to defend meaning in the coming decades, that things will be stripped to bare parts with nothing substantial, it will take work Samuel to understand, and it's part of what you need to do. Fools argue in soundbite theology and science, You are not to be a fool. Dig. Get dirty in the process, do not be afraid of anything challenging your faith, be afraid of not challenging enough to get an answer. If something does not sit well with your soul and with your mind, it should be examined until you know it, then you should listen for an answer. It may not be a voice, but it will be clear. God is humble enough to use media to speak. Never get drawn into an argument with someone who refuses to do the research. If they research and come up with something different, respect that, then challenge with your reasearch. But never be disrespectful, always teach and know when to walk away.

I hope I get to see you soon but not too soon (your only 21 weeks old). I love you very much, the little bundle in the tummy of my wife. Tappity Tap Tap, that's what I would do to your mom's belly to say I love you. See ya in 20 more weeks. Love,

Your Dad

No comments:

Post a Comment