Wednesday, July 6, 2011

The Final Countdown

Hey Little Samuel,

 You are just about done. Your mother and I have set up everything around the house for you. Got your crib, your diapers, your clothes and just about every other conceivable thing a baby could need. It's a TON of work to get ready for you. I am slowly realizing what my parents went through when they had me. The sudden rushes of putting everything together and then the slow wait as you wonder what next to tackle. I am really wondering how we are going to do it all. These next couple of days (or weeks) of pregnancy for your mother are going really slow. She can't wait for you to show up, and neither can I.

  You are a mystery in the grandest sense of the word. We have  no idea what is coming but we do have this, we love you more than anything. A love that goes beyond anything I've ever encountered. Your family tree wall is set and we hope you meet everyone on there and get to hang out with them soon. When you have your children you'll realize the same things we are. A whole new room in your life is opened up and the lights are slowly coming on. The next phase will be stupendous and ridiculous, sublime and other, just beyond your understanding until you encounter your own children. You do repeat your parents sayings, because that connection is drawn to its fullness when you have children. Your world is supremely opened and your view is enlarged. There are somethings that experience can only truly teach just make sure you experience the Good.

Use your ears my son, listen for everything and listen for the Lord, live into your name, be blessed by it. I love you very much,

Your Dad.

No comments:

Post a Comment